When you find mold, it’s more than just an eyesore. It’s a health risk for you and your family. Your first instinct may be to clean it, but it’s important to know the proper way to handle it. In addition to the potential dangers mold and its spores, improperly cleaning mold off walls in your home will likely allow it to come right back. Read our guide on cleaning mold off walls like concrete, brick and drywall to learn the safest solutions for removing these invasive growths.
House molds are a growing concern in the minds of homeowners across the nation. Regardless of your area’s climate, leaks and cracks can promote mold growth in any nook or cranny of your home. Often, these growths go unnoticed for days, weeks or even months, allowing them to become health hazards and even damage your property. Certain molds are more dangerous than others; black mold identification in particular has become an important topic for property owners.
Mold is everywhere – it’s in the food we eat, the air we breathe, and on almost every surface we touch – and most types of mold are relatively harmless. But one particular type of mold, Toxic Black Mold, has been identified as a dangerous strain. Exposure to this variety of mold can lead to Toxic Mold Syndrome, a cluster of symptoms that affect mental as well as physical health.
We know household mold is bad for humans. It can cause mild allergic reactions, such as itching and sneezing, to life-threatening reactions, such as those seen in black mold exposure. But can your pet be harmed by mold, too? The answer is a resounding yes!